Nursing Gracie in front of the older kids hasn’t been the freak show I was anticipating, although there have been some funny moments.
Ethan saw me nursing her and didn’t seem overly interested until I switched sides. Then he exclaimed in surprise, "You have TWO of those things?" (Do I look like I just have one central boob and no one's ever told me??)The next day he had his stuffed Pluto dog inside his shirt. "I’m feeding him," he said.
Abby is far more interested in the nursing pads (these little concave pads you wear under a bra) than the feeding process or how many breasts I might have.
"Can I wear this little hat? Is this hat for Grace?" She places it on Gracie, who now looks ready to attend synagogue services.
"Actually, that’s Mama’s, babies don’t wear those.”
The next day while I am nursing, Abby brings her little Beanie Baby kitty out and carefully sets it on the arm of the sofa next to me.
"This kitty isn’t a baby, Mama."
"Oh, she’s not?"
"No. So she's allowed to wear this hat." Abby carefully positions the hat on the kitty’s head. The kitty looks just like a rice paddy worker in the "hat."
I let her have the nursing pad.
E-mail excerpts
No comments:
Post a Comment