Older stories about our Miss Abigail
Oct. 2000
Abby started having a tantrum about her diaper when we were in the car. When we finally stopped to change her, Randy found Ethan’s little green plastic Martian in her diaper. There was a perfect, red, painful-looking Martian imprint on her tummy from it. Randy said, "Abby, what's this person doing in your diaper?" She said angrily through her tears, "I put him there so he could hide from you."
May 2001
Jules: “You need to get dressed… No sweetie, take your other underpants off before you put the new ones on.”
Abby: “They’re too tight! They don’t fit.”
Jules: “You’ve got both legs in the same… First you need to take your other underpants off anyway.”
Abby: I can’t put them on, I don’t know which way they go!”
Jules: “The flower goes in the front.”
Abby, dramatically: “I can’t get dressed, I’m too tired. I have an owie on my finger.”
Jules: “We need to get dressed because we’re going outside.”
Abby: “I don’t want to go outside, it’s too shiny.”
Jules: “Go ahead and put your underwear on. I’ll lay them on the floor.”
Abby: “They’re too sideways now. They’re inside out.”
Jules: “No they’re not, that’s the right way.”
Abby: “They’re too wrinkly. They’re crumply.” She flops down.
Dec. 2001
In the car
Ethan: “Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all…”
Abby: “NO! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT!”
Ethan: “…oh what fun it is to ride…”
Abby: “NO! Stop singing!”
(Ethan stops singing)
Abby: “Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way…”
Ethan: Hey, I can sing without moving my mouth at all!”
Abby: “Do it.”
(Ethan is silent for about 20 seconds)
Ethan: “See? I can sing it just in my head!”
Abby: (impressed, eagerly leans toward him) “Do it again!”
May 2002
There was a new kid in Abby's Ball Skills class today, Oscar. When we got home she said, "Mom, there was a new boy in my class named Whiskers!"
Jan. 2003
(The Licker)
J: "Abby, don't lick the window."
J: "Abby, don't lick the van."
J: "Abby, please don't lick the conveyor belt" (at Target).
J: "Abby don't put your tongue on the glass" (at the YMCA).
The other day she was licking the hutch and I said, exasperated, "Sweetie why do you lick everything?"
Abby, simply: "Because everything tastes so delicious!"
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment