Big news from the dentist - big, bad news. Ethan has three, count 'em THREE, cavities. Yeck. I suspected his teeth were fuzzy.
He briefly tried to defend his oral hygiene lapse by claiming, "The teeth with the cavities all just came in. I didn't know they were in there!" (Yes, because usually you don't brush any new teeth until they've officially registered with The Mouth). I gave him a sarcastic, "Ya know, you generally just brush all the teeth in your mouth, as far back as the brush can go. Even the new ones." He sensed his weak excuse wasn't going to hold water so he gave it up pretty quickly.
Three cavities means three fillings. I told him I was planning to instruct the dentist to skip the novocaine (joking), but I think he's nervous enough without my input. Hopefully the pleasure of getting three teeth drilled will motivate him to brush those fuzzies better.
Randy and I did get a laugh out of the realization that initially, Ethan actually thought his filled teeth would be totally silver, and was a pretty apprehensive about what that was going to look like on a non-pirate like himself. Now I've taken to calling him Flavor-Flav.
1 comment:
I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
Please let us
know as soon as possible.
Mike@adoptionexperiences.com
Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
AdoptionExperiences.com
Post a Comment