Here is a list of random things you would be likely to find at our house:
- A pet hair roller whose sticky surface is completely covered with thumbtacks, much like a spiked mace used for bludgeoning opponents during medieval times. Not convenient when you just want to get dog hair off your pants in a hurry.
- Dolls ranging in size from Baby Alive down to Polly Pocket with casts made of masking tape. Some of the toy people just have leg or arm casts, but others have full body casts. (I don't know what those dolls are doing, but clearly they are not being careful to avoid injury).
- Elastic ponytail bands tightly wrapped around knobs on drawers. Generally there are two or three ponytail bands per knob. None of us have small enough fingers to fit between the knob and the drawers to pull the elastic bands off, so we can either cut them off with a knife, which seems wasteful, or leave them there, which doesn't really accomplish anything but at least I'm not being wasteful.
- Two-inch tall, green plastic Army men lurking in places like the branches of the metal tree candle holder on my mantle or behind the music rack on the piano. (The Army men actually began their occupation of our home several years ago when they were seen aiming their guns at the ceramic townspeople strolling through the fake snow in my Christmas village).
- Kids ranging in age from two to 14 years old walking around with clear packing tape over their mouths so they have squishy lips. Honestly, I spy a packing tape-mouthed child several times a week around here.
- This:

I had begun writing this blog entry and got interrupted. I happened to describe the topic to Randy when we were running an errand. I said, "I should think of one more example of these weird sightings..." We came home and found our kitchen cabinets covered with these figures made of Bendaroos (flexible, wax covered building sticks - a really great toy, by the way). Obviously, whoever made the people then felt the need to stab some of them with toothpicks.
(And yes, my kitchen cabinets are ugly white melamine. Hate it.)The odd part of all this is not really the objects themselves, but the fact that both Randy and I come upon them regularly as we stumble through our days and don't blink an eye. I think it's all just part of the chaos that exists here - and four imaginative (or deranged?) kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment