It's been a big couple of days for the short person. First of all, Mirabelle is now a whopping nine months old. The time has sure flown! She is imitating sounds, waving bye-bye and standing up, as nine month olds are wont to do, but she is a bit of a shrimp so she doesn't exactly look her age (just like Mommy, right? ha ha...)
Second, she had her very first daycare experience this morning. I was anticipating some fierce clinging and face burying at the drop off, but she saw the other kids playing on the floor and tried to squirm out of my arms to join in. She was fine when I left and never cried during the few hours she was there. Connie, the daycare provider, said she was busy, cheerful, talkative, and napped just fine. All I can say is, whew! I know from past experience how hard it can be to drop off a crying, clinging child when you have to get to work.
No teeth popping through the gummy smile yet, although they've got to be close, based on the amount of drool she's sharing with me. She is rivaling the coonhound in terms of slobber piles, and that's sayin' something!
Abby left early this morning for the Audubon Nature Center, a few hours north, with the rest of her classmates. The trip promises a high ropes course, a visit to the Hinckley fire museum and blizzard conditions. Yech. Happy April. She returns on Wednesday afternoon. Besides missing my second set of Mira-hands, I'll be without my Ethan-Gracie bicker-buffer. (You may wonder, why would a 12-year-old bicker with his eight-year-old sister? I ask myself the same question every day).
A smile full of gums and droolSecond, she had her very first daycare experience this morning. I was anticipating some fierce clinging and face burying at the drop off, but she saw the other kids playing on the floor and tried to squirm out of my arms to join in. She was fine when I left and never cried during the few hours she was there. Connie, the daycare provider, said she was busy, cheerful, talkative, and napped just fine. All I can say is, whew! I know from past experience how hard it can be to drop off a crying, clinging child when you have to get to work.
No teeth popping through the gummy smile yet, although they've got to be close, based on the amount of drool she's sharing with me. She is rivaling the coonhound in terms of slobber piles, and that's sayin' something!
Abby left early this morning for the Audubon Nature Center, a few hours north, with the rest of her classmates. The trip promises a high ropes course, a visit to the Hinckley fire museum and blizzard conditions. Yech. Happy April. She returns on Wednesday afternoon. Besides missing my second set of Mira-hands, I'll be without my Ethan-Gracie bicker-buffer. (You may wonder, why would a 12-year-old bicker with his eight-year-old sister? I ask myself the same question every day).


1 comment:
Hate to tell you that a few years didn't improve the bicker situation at our house... my 15 year old boy is still bickering with his 11 year old sister. I can't imagine what they can possibly get out of this unpleasant and unproductive interaction...
Post a Comment