A (rare) post by Randy:One of the many things we decided to squeeze in before leaving for our Florida trip was to get Fred up-to-date with the vet - shots, heartworm test, flea and tick. So I decided that I could handle bringing Mira with me as I ran Fred to the appointment - she might "find it interesting." After waiting a good 20 minutes in the waiting area, with only 50 lb bags of designer dog food to play with, me cringing as Mira insisted on crawling on the floor, we made it to the exam room with the vet. Not thinking matters through, I had forgotten about needing to hold Fred on the exam table while he was weighed, probed and given shots. My preoccupation provided a great opportunity for Mira to remove some of her clothes (revealing an embarassingly stained onsie), and one sock. Now for the good part: apparently Little Miss 2-feet Tall has more reach than we think. While I was restraining Fred for his first shot, Mira took notice of the interesting-looking syringes the doctor had set on the counter. It was the spray of liquid that caught my eye, as Mira pushed the plunger down on the bordatella syringe she had grabbed. Luckily, it still had its protective cover on; otherwise Mira would have vaccinated herself for kennel cough. Never a dull moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment