Saturday, January 10, 2009

This is your brain ... This is your brain on lottery balls

My "to do" list is defeating me. I am suffering a constant barrage of unrelated "to-do" items ping-ponging around my brain. It feels like this:
with each ball representing a different task.
  • Arrange ride to confirmation for Ethan on the 28th
  • Find long skirts to wear in Ethiopia
  • Vacuum disgusting van before anyone else drives it
  • Get form DS-1981 notarized
  • Look for extra battery for video camera
  • Document every detail of morning schedule so Gracie actually makes the bus when we're gone
  • Find outfits to bring for Mirabelle that consist of separate pants and shirts, so if she blows out her diaper we won't have to pull the onsie off over her head
  • Schedule eye exam because of course, conveniently, I am on my last pair of contacts and can't order new ones without the exam
Every 2.5 seconds, a new "to-do ball" pops into my conscious thought flow - and then a different one replaces it. Maddening. And I feel very distracted. I suspect that I'm simply drifting off mentally in the middle of conversations, although so far no one has called me on it (my friends are sympathetic and my family is accustomed to my usual level of scatterbrained-ness).

I am hoping that when more of the tasks on our list are accomplished, the lottery balls will go away and my brain can return to its less vigorous activity schedule. Once we're packed and done with paperwork I'll regain a small bit of my sanity!

1 comment:

lmstephenson said...

I don't know if you have a Sam's club membership, but I went there yesterday, and they have long skirts that are as cute for $13. They had 3 or four colors to choose from. It is a light weight skirt that would be great for craming into a suit case. Enjoy your trip!