Monday, September 29, 2008

The Perfect Apple (and Michael Jackson)

It's time for a new (lighter) topic. Although first I will say in reference to the many back-and-forth comments generated by my last post that I think the majority of the readers of this blog are, like me, disgusted with our current administration and its failed economic policies, abused executive privilege and unending war. For that reason, pro-McCain/Palin arguments are probably not likely to find a happy home here. That said, anyone is free to make comments - this is a blog.

On to a Day in the Life...

The other day I was showed Ethan the video of "Thriller" on YouTube - like me, he's such a Halloween buff, and he'd never seen it. Then I ended up showing him "Billie Jean," because I was trying to explain moonwalking. I was a little embarrassed to admit that I was a huge MJ fan during his heyday (what 14-year old wasn't trying to master the moonwalk then?) But I have to say, watching "Billie Jean" again 20-some years later... as disturbingly weird as Michael Jackson ended up being, he was a DARN GOOD PERFORMER. There. I said it. Let my harassing begin. (Check out the video).

Abby, Corrine and I enjoyed a beautiful fall day at the apple orchard. The girls spent a lot of time searching for the Perfect Apple (applis perfectis) and finally agreed they had found it... her. (They named the apple Priscilla). Of course, later Priscilla was eaten. Such is the life of an apple.

No comments: