skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Oh, so disturbing
Have you seen Sarah Palin saying that she has foreign policy experience because Alaska borders Canada and is close to Russia? (click here) I'm pretty sure even I know more about the world! If you are a McCain supporter you are obligated to watch it.
11 comments:
Hi, As a big time Palin supporter I dutifully watched it. I have to say I did not actually find it desturbing. You see here in Alaska it makes the news when Russia says they will take Alaska back by force if necessary. No one else may care, but we do. (and yes they have said that. on several differnt occations) The president at the time said "they (Russia) can have them (Alaska) I didn't carry the state anyway” Pretty funny?
O wait, You said you know more then her, so you probably already new about that.
I, for one, am grateful that we have Governor Palin on the watch. I'm pleased to know that come January, she'll have plenty of time to observe the Russian menace (should it rear its "ugly head") from the cozy confines of her house. (As she collects per diem from the good people of Alaska.)
Thank you Governor Palin!
I've had opportunity at work to interview prospective employees. Occasionally, you get a candidate who is in over their head and clearly not qualified for the position. This is usually evident because they cannot give specific answers but instead resort to dishing out BS and generalities in hopes of sort of covering the question. I always feel a little sorry for them - they seem like decent people, just not right for the job. I get that same sense when I watch Gov. Palin being interviewed. So sad.
I agree with the comments here by jrh. Palin did a nice job of skirting the actual questions and used a lot of signal phrases and generalities instead. As a teacher, I often see this on essay tests when the student doesn't really know the answer. And as for Crystal's comments, based on her grammar, spelling, and equally vague references, I'm a little frightened that she's home schooling her children!
I'm sure Sarah Palin is a nice person, but that doesn't mean she's ready to be the next vice president.
Melissa
Melissa,
First of all my children's education is none of your business. I am aware of my capabilities and will compensate as necessary
I have overcome numerous disabilities and faced my fear of criticism of my handicaps and created a blog to keep my in-laws up to date on their grand children. If it bothers you, don't read it.
No I don't announce at the beginning of every comment I leave that I am deaf and did not learn to read or write until I was 10 and I can now only type with great difficulty due to arthritis.
If you want to disagree with my politics feel free. But, personal attacks based on a persons disabilities are not acceptable.
Crystal,
You and Sarah Palin both debate like a true right-wingers! Obfuscate with irrelevant/dubious facts - in your case Crystal... throw in some quotation marks to make readers think your info is credible - make it sound intensely personal so sensitive liberals shy away from argument. And then when confronted, change the subject and/or cry foul!
It is painfully obvious to rational Americans that Palin is cut from the same cloth as W: Great at getting issues voters to like them... but no real intelligence, patience or ability to make the right decisions for middle class Americans and the long-term health and stability of our country.
P.S. I've traveled around your great state twice, have friends and relatives who live in Anchorage, two of my Uncles were stationed there in the 60's, and my Grandmother died in Anchorage. In my opinion Alaska is the most beautiful state in the Union. I love it up there.
P.P.S. It is the U.S. Military who will protect you from Putin's planes...not Sara Palin. And it is Patriotic, Tree-Hugging Liberals who will keep Governor Palin from selling Alaska to the highest bidder.
P.P.P.S. If this post bothers you, don't read it.
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/04/airforce_pacaf_040608/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121928439171059051.html
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/358368.html
If you think the governor is not educated on these matters you are sorely mistaken.
"And then when confronted, change the subject and/or cry foul!"
I am pretty sure it was Melissa who expressed her concern for my children that I never mentioned.
"It is painfully obvious to rational Americans that Palin is cut from the same cloth as W"
I agree completely. That is So why I am voting for her.
I will now sighing off this here because It is an adoption blog; not a political forum, and I have some real life to take care of.
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/04/airforce_pacaf_040608/
Sorry: Some how the first address got messed up.
So let me get this straight Crystal... because the Russians are flying unscheduled, military flights NEAR Alaskan airspace, and Governor Palin gets briefed on the actions the U.S. Air Force takes after the incidents, this makes her a foreign policy expert? Please.
By the way, the claim in your original article was this: "it makes the news when Russia says they will take Alaska back by force if necessary". I didn't see story in any of the articles sited.
Palin also believes dinosaurs lived 4,000 years ago.
I also rest my case.
Post a Comment