The blog has gotten away from me a bit. Since my last post the kids have finished the school year, soccer seasons have started and ended, I've visited New York with my mom and sisters, and Ethan and Mira have had birthdays. Oh, and Mira has accused Fred of punching her.
(Yeah, it's not super believable, given that the hound mostly lays on the couch, and more importantly, doesn't exactly have hitting arms. I'm picturing paws flailing.)If I had questioned whether or not Mira was being truthful about Fred's behavior, I think her insistence that she goes to a job and drives a car (supposedly she drives herself to daycare - must be on her non-work days) might've alerted me to the fact that she has entered a phase of ... Tall Tales. According to Mira, she cooks pancakes, gets together with Gracie's friends, and our sitter never gives her lunch.
Well, you can say whatever you want when you're running the show, right? I'm pretty certain that in Mira's mind she's in charge and the rest of us are just her minions. She makes a pretty comical little tyrant, clicking around in her plastic high heels and calling me "Jules."
"Hey Jules, what doin'?"

It catches you off guard a bit the first couple times.
I've also been called Dude, although she tends to reserve that name for Ethan, much to his amusement. But beware chuckling at the queen! She does not appreciate being the source of our mirth, yelling at us, "IT'S NOT BUNNY!" (Her highness hasn't quite mastered the f-sound yet.)
How do you respond to an Attitudy-Judy? It's not exactly naughty, and though in my worst moments I may have fleeting thoughts of military school where they crush kids' spirits, mostly I react the only way I can. With a head shake. And a smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment