Just smack me, someone, please.
The very next day, I found Mira wearing a different outfit when I arrived to pick her up from daycare. Yes, Madame Curly (or maybe I should refer to her as Madame Disgustus) went digging in the diaper again.
Say it with me, now: Oh no she didn't!
Fortunately, the sequel wasn't as bad as the original Poopscapade because her hair didn't play a role in the crime this time. But still.
Randy and I renewed our commitment to lock the girl in a onesie at all times until she's potty-trained. We made a Target run that evening to find summer shirts with crotch snaps. Such a bummer! because there are a million sundresses on sale that would be darling on Mira. (But they're not quite so darling with poop on them, and wearing a onesie under a sundress is a fashion faux pas too great for even these slovenly parents).
The moral of my story? I firmly believe that if you're a parent and you optimistically think the phrase, "S/he hasn't done [insert unwanted behavior] in a long time", it will come back to bite you in the butt! Call it karma, baby.
2 comments:
My deepest sympathies. Lula started the dreaded diaper plunge recently, but fortunately she has not come up with any treasures. Yet. Now I'm knocking on wood.
I'll let you know how that goes.
Be prepared for 2 onesies... one on front and another on backward... they are persistent little buggers!
Post a Comment