Call it what you will.
The ear infection/teething/bad mood conundrum has actually been a repeating theme in my parenting career - and not just with Madame Curly. Like many moms I know, I've had seemingly healthy children at the pediatrician for well-baby checkups and been surprised to learn that they happened to be suffering from double ear infections. Other times I've brought my kids to the doctor, or even Urgent Care, sure they must have horribly painful ear infections (what else could explain such a foul mood?) only to find out their ears were perfectly clear. "But I'm miserable - er, I mean she's miserable. There's got to be some medical thing wrong with her!"
Mira had a cold a few weeks ago and has been psycho ever since. (Yes, psycho - so sue me. And if in thirty years she happens to be the owner of a remote, roadside motel who ends up stabbing a modern-day Janet Leigh in the shower, I'll surely be kicking myself for my casual use of the word).
Randy broke down and took her to walk-in care today - a Saturday. Honestly, I think we were more motivated by wanting to solve the Crabby Child Mystery than by feelings of sympathy. "Does she have a good reason for torturing us?" Turns out that yes, she does. An ear infection.
And now, in case my parental venting has given anyone a negative impression of The Toddler, just look at how cute she is!
Hat and jammies


2 comments:
Hope she feels better soon. - There's also a full moon right now, which could be contributing.
I can't believe how big she is! We need to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment