We decided to register for some baby items since we have NOTHING for a baby anymore. (Despite our lack of even a single burp cloth, I felt a little weird about registering, since Mirabelle isn’t our first baby. I got over it, though).
We went to Babies R Us, where we stood before shelves full of wonderful baby things and quickly realized that we can’t remember what a six-month-old needs. I swear, we analyzed each product in the store for 20 minutes! In my opinion, it’s definitely easier to register for an infant – you zip around the store, scanner in hand, I want this, and this, and this… With an infant, eventually you’ll need everything. Not so with a six-month-old. You actually have to think about what you need. Way too taxing for our brains.
We were able to bypass the Mylicon gas relief drops and baby bottle warmers, as well as everything in the nursing aisle. No Boppies for Mirabelle! A Boppy is a support pillow designed to help with breastfeeding (for anyone who may have been picturing this:)
We agonized over other items like crib bumper pads, bottle sizes, co-sleeping bassinets and baby bath tubs. Eventually I stood in the store on my cell phone with my friend Kelli, who still has kids under 2. How old are they when you take the bumper pads out of the crib? What’s a Bumbo? How long do they use the baby bath tub? Thankfully, Kelli has managed to hang on to her good memory and magnificent organizational skills, despite her four kids. She talked me through the store, but it was funny because I felt like a complete novice!
We went to Babies R Us, where we stood before shelves full of wonderful baby things and quickly realized that we can’t remember what a six-month-old needs. I swear, we analyzed each product in the store for 20 minutes! In my opinion, it’s definitely easier to register for an infant – you zip around the store, scanner in hand, I want this, and this, and this… With an infant, eventually you’ll need everything. Not so with a six-month-old. You actually have to think about what you need. Way too taxing for our brains.
We were able to bypass the Mylicon gas relief drops and baby bottle warmers, as well as everything in the nursing aisle. No Boppies for Mirabelle! A Boppy is a support pillow designed to help with breastfeeding (for anyone who may have been picturing this:)
We agonized over other items like crib bumper pads, bottle sizes, co-sleeping bassinets and baby bath tubs. Eventually I stood in the store on my cell phone with my friend Kelli, who still has kids under 2. How old are they when you take the bumper pads out of the crib? What’s a Bumbo? How long do they use the baby bath tub? Thankfully, Kelli has managed to hang on to her good memory and magnificent organizational skills, despite her four kids. She talked me through the store, but it was funny because I felt like a complete novice!
1 comment:
I felt this way even with 2 years between Kate and Ben... how quickly we forget! But since Ben is so close to Mirabelle's age, we may be able to answer some questions - feel free to call! (For what it's worth, Ben is still using his baby bathtub, but I figure once he can sit up unsupported the regular tub is just as good.)
Post a Comment