Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Court date!

Today we were assigned a court date of December 16th. The court date is the next step in the process, where our case is heard by a judge. (We are not actually in Ethiopia for this step). Hopefully we'll sail through, although some cases don't get decided the first time for various reasons -- sometimes the judge may not hear all of the cases scheduled that day; sometimes the judge requests additional information; and sometimes a needed piece of documentation is not issued in time and the case needs to be rescheduled. I would love to say that I'm going to be the epitome of patience and understanding if we don't make it through court, but the truth is I will completely FLIP OUT. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Back to positive, happy thinking... Once we get through court we will be issued a birth certificate for Baby and then, finally, get a travel date. I am still hopeful that we will travel in January if we make it through court on the 16th. Our peanut will be 7 months by then!

No comments: