Friday, April 25, 2008

Heaven and other religious facts

Observations made by our deep thinkers when they were little

Nov. 2000
Ethan: "Do we go to heaven when we die?"
Jules: “Yes.”
Ethan: “Well, what do we DO there?”
Jules: “I don’t exactly know bud, I’ve never been there.”
Ethan: “Well I just hope we don’t have to just STAND AROUND there. That’ll be boring.”
(I should’ve told him there was a Job Jar for mopey people).

Oct. 2001
Abby: “Do babies go to heaven?”
Jules: “Sometimes.”
Abby: “Well, what do they do there?”
Ethan, authoritatively: “They just LAY there!”
Abby: “Well what does it look like?”
Ethan, with certainty and slight weariness: “Just like the inside of a cloud is all.”

Dec. 2001

Ethan: "How do we GET to heaven?"
Jules: "I don't know for sure, bud. Some people think that an angel comes down and takes us."
Ethan: "Well, what if a person is too heavy for the angel to carry?"
Jules: "When we die only a part of us called our soul goes to heaven. Our body stays here."
Ethan, incredulous: "Our body stays here?"
Jules: "Yes."
Ethan: "Our body stays here?"
Jules: "Yes, our body stays here."
Ethan: "But they take our HEAD though?"

Dec. 2001
Abby: “Christmas isn’t just about the presents, y’know. It’s about SANTA coming, too.”

No comments: